Our English program is delivered at several levels in English Language learning and teaching to meet the needs of our students in a competitive global economy. We accomplish this through:
- Avocational courses designed to increase English proficiency
- Preparing students for success in their academic and professional fields
- Fostering immersion of students in the mainstream of American culture through conversation in order to:
- Enhance global awareness
- Accelerate their mastery of the English Language
- Learn American slang
- Learn American history and culture
- Have fun!
ESL meets 18 hours per week. Sessions are 10 weeks long. (180 hours total per session)
Our ESL program offers you 180 hours of classes in Academic English during each 10-week session. Classes meet Mondays through Thursdays, with a possible makeup day on Fridays when holidays or weather prevent classes from occurring. Time of classes depend on level and location. Four hours and thirty minutes of ESL instruction each day studying 2 sections:
1. Reading, Writing, and Grammar
2. Listening, Speaking, and Vocabulary
Classes are taught thought live instruction by certified English instructors.
Sessions are currently starting at Level 1 and at Level 5. Placement is determined by the CAMLA exam prior to enrollment.
The financial investment in your English proficiency is $925 for each ten (10)-week session. Such investment covers 180 hours of live instruction and the textbooks.
Acceptance to Partner Universities
Once you graduate from Level 6 you can earn acceptance to American National University (https://an.edu) or to the University of Fairfax (https://ufairfax.edu).
- Provide an English language program that fosters the students’ English Language proficiency.
- Integrate students into American culture to enhance global awareness.
- Enhance students’ educational experience in the English language through highly qualified faculty and staff using an individualized learning model.
- Establish a learning environment that promotes the development of skills needed for students to be successful in transitioning to various academic settings in learning or teaching using quality curricula, learning resources, equipment, and facilities.
- Enhance students’ experiences by providing cultural immersion activities and opportunities to learn more about American culture.